You probably can't afford the home you want in Victoria. You know who else can't afford the home they want in Victoria? Everybody. Everybody can't afford the home they want in Victoria. Yet
10 Reasons You Need A Buyer Agent
Dated: July 16 2020
What does a Buyer Agent do for you?
Most importantly, we help you avoid buying the wrong house, which is what you’re afraid of, right? You’re looking at spending a bunch of money and it’s probably not all your own money so you’re also looking at going into debt. Probably “good” debt but, still...you’re likely a little freaked out and you don’t want to step off a cliff.
First off, though: it’s not really as dangerous as you think. For one thing, it’s super-unlikely you’re going to lose your whole investment. How would that even happen? If the value of your home goes from $500,000 to $0, something has happened to civilization that might well make your financial situation the least of your worries. Think asteroid impact or nuclear war.
And if you don’t overpay hideously and you hold your property long enough, the market has shown us that you have every reason to expect your Victoria home purchase will increase in value.
But, still, people make mistakes and real estate can get pretty complicated. Plus you’ve got other things to do, right? It’s fun to poke around on realtor.ca or, even more so, over here, but there’s more to buying a home than just finding a pretty listing and writing a cheque.
So what will a good Buyer Agent do?
- Help with financing by putting you in touch with a good mortgage broker
- Inform you about programs & exemptions you might be eligible for
- Educate you about the different neighbourhoods that might fit your lifestyle
- Set up a property search so you receive fresh listings as soon as they hit the market
- Organize property showings
- Share their professional network of lenders, lawyers, and tradespeople
- Prepare a legally binding contract
- Negotiate the price and terms of your offer
- Help with due diligence and removing contact conditions
- Deliver the keys and take a nice picture for your Instagram
And what does this cost you as the Buyer? Zero, zip, bupkis, nada. The commission is paid by the Seller, so you've really got nothing to lose. Get a Buyer Agent!
If you have any other questions about the buying process, you know where to find me....You do know where to find me, right? Call or text, any time: 250-884-6976 Or email, Facebook, wave me down in the street, whatever - I'm all over town!
A Victoria resident for over 20 years, I grew up in Halifax and studied at Dalhousie University, Concordia, and the National Theatre School. Several years in the music industry then led to an extended....
Latest Blog Posts
I once showed my own listing to a potential buyer who took delight in pointing out what he saw as the property’s innumerable deficiencies. I’m a pretty open-minded fella and I've learned